Sunday, October 31, 2010

long time no post!

It's been a busy stretch and I can't write much, but I'm overdue for a post.  Camp Mendocino last week was phenomenal, by far the best part of CTI.  We did a ton of team bonding, including a service project that involved moving GIANT tires full of black widow spiders and other nastiness, and a high and low ropes course!  Back at McClellan the lectures are dragging, but CTI ends this week, and I'm excited to work at our first project, which is at Larchmont Elementary school in North Highlands.  I'm hoping to work in special education class rooms and with younger kids, not so much the fifth and sixth graders though!  We'll see how that goes soon :)  My team is great so far, I have few concerns and as my teammate Rory said, we're all a bunch of squares.  We may or may not be the golden children of the Silver Unit, and I'm hoping that proves true and that others notice so maybe we can go to Hawaii or Alaska for our other projects.  Last night a bunch of us went out for Halloween and it was a blast, I'm excited to see what other shenanigans we can dig up for the next six to seven weeks while we're still here.  I'm also very excited to be going home in December for Christmas, I never thought I'd miss fall in NY so much!  And I miss everyone back home immensely.  But this has already been quite the experience, and I know it's only going to get better.

2 comments:

  1. Love you Bee, can't wait to see you either!!
    <3
    p.s. I vote yes to Alaska and Hawaii too, I want to come visit you there :P

    ReplyDelete